Stay Motivated with Yesenia
Motiv-8 Influencer Testimony
“My struggle during this lockdown has been trying to stay motivated. I’m usually at the gym doing my own training and training others, so at-home workouts aren’t ideal for me and my clients. I don’t have an at-home gym, the proper equipment or the right amount of space, so it’s difficult to follow my regular workout regime.
Currently, I’m working out in my backyard doing body weight exercises and using resistance bands. It has been hard staying motivated, but summer is just around the corner, and that is my main motivation to keep up with my workouts!
For anyone else who is struggling during this time, I want to encourage you to remember your goals and how much hard work you have already put in to achieving them. I find that being creative with my workouts has helped me stay interested in my fitness routines. Working out shouldn’t be miserable—find your way of making it enjoyable!
Here are a few tips from me to you:
- FaceTime a friend, and do a workout together to stay accountable.
- Make a simple list of exercises you’re going to do.
- If 30 minutes seems like too much at the beginning, try intervals of five minutes
- Write your goals down on a Post-it, and stick it in a place you’re going to see it.
- Change up your workouts. Be creative!”
Yesenia, also known as @yes_2fitness on Instagram, is a certified personal trainer in Los Angeles. She has been an avid runner for more than 20 years and loves helping others with their fitness goals motivations to live a healthy lifestyle.