Staying Healthy Starts with Staying Hydrated
Staying hydrated is essential to your health. Especially when it’s sizzling outside.
And here's some straight talk for you: It really isn't that hard to stay hydrated and feeling your best as long as you stay on top of it.
If you get lazy, out goes the window the benefits of keeping your hydration levels at peak performance.
Here are our favorite and simple-to-follow tips to staying on top of your water intake throughout the day.
- Start off your day with a big glass of water. The bigger the better.
- Limit caffeine intake to one cup of coffee or tea per day. If you need more, get ready to drink even more water throughout the day.
- No matter how busy you get throughout the day, take a big drink or two of water every 15 minutes (mix in some of our delicious Hydrate for added benefits).
- While working, always have a bottle or glass of water right in front of you. If you see the bottle, you'll take a drink. If you don't, you likely won't.
- Drink at least 12-16 oz of water within 1 hour of working out, and 12-16 oz while you’re working out.
- After working out, drink lots of healthy, water-rich fluids (water + Hydrate = perfection); and, pay attention to the color of your urine for the 2 hours after spin/yoga/barre/etc. Clear, good! Yellow, DRINK!
- Eat fruit. Grapes, apples, watermelons and kiwi are tasty and chock-full of healthy water.
- When you’re feeling hungry, drink water. It’s a nice reminder, and it will help you curb your hunger pains.
- For every ounce of alcoholic drink you consume, drink at least one ounce of water
Your body depends on water to maintain the function of every system in your body, from your heart and your brain to your muscles and digestive tract. And if you have not already, try our Hydrate supplement -- a low-calorie, sugar-free alternative to off-the-shelf sports drinks that increases your water intake and absorption, helping your body to feel sustained and refreshed throughout the day.
Remember, proper hydration can cleanse your body and flush out toxins, making sure your skin looks and stays supple, alleviates muscle fatigue and increases energy levels—essential components to improving your overall health!